"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Friday, June 26, 2015

Straight Shot Metal Smashing


Okay guys.

If you are thinking of getting one of Beka's lovely bridle charms/tags/bracelets, you need to just do it.

Because her work is beautiful. Photos just don't do it justice!

Since I am an indecisive person and I could not make up my mind about what I wanted (because I basically wanted one of everything!) I asked Beka about a Gambler's Choice: I would give her ideas on colors and such, and let her come up with something. Because Beka is an artist and I knew I would love anything she came up with. This was precisely why I couldn't decide what to choose: because I loved ALL THE THINGS!

When the package arrived, I was FLOORED.

I squeed when I saw the box.

I mean, LOOK at the box!

Arrows! Arrows everywhere!
And then I opened it and it was like Christmas.

Everything individually wrapped.
In paper with colored arrows.
I may have saved the wrappers because I thought they were so pretty and unique. And handmade.
The ones with Lily's and Gracie's names with the arrows are on display on one of my bookshelves.
There were bridle charms for Lily and for Gracie:

Lily's. All in blue of course. :)
The Good Juju charm at the bottom says "fearless"
Gracie's. In green! Her Good Juju charm at the top says "brave".
And a keychain with their names!



And bracelets!! Beka had asked me if I liked her bracelets on the shop website and I told her of course! (Because like I said, I loved everything.) 

LOOK!

They fit my skinny tiny 6" wrists!
"One more mile"
She came up with that all by herself. It is absolutely perfect.

Seriously. It was like Christmas. I love the little printed cards that Beka attaches the charms to. It gave them a professional touch. 

All of the bridle charms except the Good Juju charms went on the girls' bridles. The Good Juju charms I want to attach to the breastplates: I finally ordered split key rings from Amazon  for this purpose, because the O rings and buckles on my breastplates are too large for the charm lobster clasps. Problem solved!

Lily's browband is also by Karen.


THANK YOU BEKA!!!!

----------------------------------------
On an unrelated note, I think everyone in the equestrian blogosphere knows by know about Lauren. Please keep her in your thoughts. I was so shocked when I saw her post go up that I sat dumbstruck in front of the computer for several hours, not really able to do anything because suddenly everything else in the world seemed so immensely trivial. Lauren is an incredibly strong woman and she will get through this, but that doesn't make the process any easier. Tracy over at Fly On Over has started a GoFundMe account so friends can help show their love and support. Please consider donating. 

6 comments:

  1. What a treasure trove! Definitely just like Christmas :o)

    Lauren's story was horribly tragic; I'll be praying for her for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was half as creative as Beka! Those turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked it all! I had a lot of fun. :)

    Next up: the Endurance Trifecta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea to leave it up to the creative genius - they turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete