"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Sunday, November 2, 2014

Gracie's Name



Photo by Kathy
So I've hinted on here before at wanting to change Gracie's name. To the point where I felt like she wouldn't really be ours unless I changed her name.

And then the other night it was slow at work and we had already stocked and cleaned and helped in ICU and basically done all of the other stuff we're supposed to do when it's slow.

So on a whim, I Googled "Meaning of Gracie". And it turns out that "Gracie" is in the urban dictionary.

And when I started reading, I started laughing. And laughing. And laughing. And then I forwarded the definitions to Karen. And Liz. And Charles. Here are a few copy-pasted directly from here:

French Name meaning:Beautiful, amazing, Like a dynamite, An energizer bunny (:

1) the act of being killlaa 
2) Gracie happens to be the most ballin in the history of ballin playas. Don't mess with the G33 K1LLA. 


A girl who is awesome creative funny and beautiful. Loves the color green and is everyones friend!

A funny gal, who is up for laughs. total diva and rockstar

An awesome friend. She is a ginger who steals your soul with those books she writes. All of her friends love her even if we have all planned to kill each other and be in the same coffin sewn together. She will make it rain with a two of hearts card. And loves her some chaines burgers. Prone to act like she hates you but really if you're nice to her she'll love you forever. (I have no idea what some of this means...what the hell is a "chaines burger"? "We have all planned to kill each other and be in the same coffin sewn together" Wait, what??!!)

Gracie is a nickname for Grace. The name is for females that are extremely attractive and funny. Gracie's will make you laugh every second. They love the attention. They are are very confident and leaders that many follow. They are academically smart, but seem a little off in the head because of their crazy and funniness. Gracie's are super good friends and are likely to be your souls mate. You will love Gracie's at first sight. They are very creative and talented and eat sugar. Speaking of sugar Gracie's are super sexy and have an amazing body and athletic figure. Gracie's love to play sports. You never want to make a Gracie mad. They are severely competitive and just a glance from them can freeze you. A Gracie's eyes are always blue. They turn colors into different shades of blue especially at the ocean and at night. Most tend to have darker shades of hair with highlights. Gracie's are hilarious and dirty in thought. But that's what people like about Gracie's. They like to be scary and see scary things. They like the thrill and rush of adrenaline. Gracie's are the most amazing person you will ever meet. You won't want to let go. Yup, sounds about right, actually! Right down to the description of her mane!

Photo by Kathy
This one, however, is my favorite...and it is the most appropriate. Because Charles is 6'1", she is gaited (aka "skipping around"), and, well, she is always happy...though I haven't a clue what "free larry signs" means (and yes, I tried Googling it and all I got were many references to "Larry"):
a girl who is best friends with tall people. one of a buff generation and free larry signs. gracies are often found skipping around happily. they also comfort friends in need and eat green jello


Gracie and Charles
I think www.urbandictionary.com is written by people on crack. But I think Gracie will be keeping her name. And I'll definitely be changing her color to green! (Which is especially funny because I originally wanted that to be her color...) So some light blue & black biothane tack is going to be for sale soon!

From Riding Warehouse
From Two Horse Tack
Lime green Vipers! From this German website


22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Actually, the Rocky Mountain browband (House of the Rising Sun) does have green in it! So it will still work. :D I made sure it would still match when I decided on the color change! Though I love ALL of your browbands and am happy to do another artwork exchange! :)

      Delete
    2. Chaines = French for restaurant chain
      So chaines burgers are fast-food restaurant chain burgers, like McD's or In-N-Out

      Delete
    3. And Free Larry refers (as far as I can gather) to Larry Hoover, who ran/runs one of the largest drug gangs in the US. He is the head of the Gangster Disciples Nation (from prison) and became an Urban Political Celebrity in Chicago, doing charity events and peaceful protests. He is currently serving six life sentences and doesn't seem to be in line to be released (which in my opinion is a good thing).

      Delete
    4. Thank you Karen! It's amazing how proper spelling, punctuation and capitalization can affect a person's interpretation of something. Interestingly when I googled "free larry signs", I came up with links to "Larry's Signs", "Larry Dean", "Larry Doby", "Larry Silverstein", and the Merriam Webster Dictionary's definition of "Larry", which apparently is a long-handled hoe or another term for grout. Your reference to Larry Hoover makes SO MUCH more sense!! And I figured maybe "chaines burgers" referred to burgers from a fast-food chain but couldn't understand why they would spell it "chaines"...I thought maybe it was one of those new young people things...lol

      Delete
    5. Hip new young people thing like "bae"? 'Cause that one has me thoroughly perplexed.

      Delete
    6. Yup Liz, that's another one! These young kids nowadays...*shaking head and feeling SO OLD...* lol

      Delete
  2. I love urban dictionary and glad she's keeping the name Gracie :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We laughed so hard with urban dictionary when we started plugging other things in! It's been great for clarifying other things in the past but when it comes to names, it's a total riot!

      Delete
  3. Urban Dictionary is hilarious, always good for a laugh. Gracie seems like a perfect name for her. And I think she will look great in green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charles and I made the mistake of looking up our real names on it. While out at dinner. Charles is apparently supposed to be "The Best Male Stripper In The World." I was laughing so hard I almost snorted my drink, and we both got some weird looks from people at other tables. Understandably...hahaha...Yes, I think she'll look great in green too! She came with a green midweight blanket, so she's already started the color-coordination all on her own! ;)

      Delete
  4. Haha! I love it! And I think she will look really good in green. Plus, I totally want dibs if your selling a breastcollar, email me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, it's a black and baby blue beta biothane breastcollar with brass hardware from The Distance Depot in cob size but it is SUPER adjustable. My e-mail is nicole (dot) torrech (at) gmail (dot) com. I just realized I don't have yours. I can e-mail you pictures.

      Delete
  5. I'm actually glad you're keeping her name - I've always liked it and it's an unusual name for a horse. And the green - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only other Gracie I know is the humpback whale from Star Trek, that Spock mind-melded with. It's a nice name.

    That breastcollar you pictured in green/white, I had one like it and it drove me crazy trying to keep the white fluff clean. I'd love to see Gracie in green.

    There used to be an online endurance shop called Sportack and it had an interactive application where you could select your horse's color, and then try out all the colors of biothane on your horse from your computer. I would love to do that and see how my horse looks in burgundy because I think it might work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was already wondering about keeping the white Woolback fluff clean...especially if I want the bridle to be green and white! :)

      Sportack! I LOVED Sportack! My Pasos in PR were decked out in Sportack biothane bridles because I didn't want to deal with moldy leather bridles from the island humidity. (It was also my way of thinking, "If I can't compete in endurance I can still look the part!"). I still have those bridles over 15 years later! I was bummed when the company closed. I obsessed over their catalogs, wishing and dreaming.

      Delete
  7. I find this find amusing as well...for obvious reasons haha Glad you're keeping her name!

    ReplyDelete