"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Friday, November 20, 2015

Not Wordless, Not Wednesday

Have a video of some of what I've been up to with Gracie, as described in this post. :)

Reins are draped over the pommel the entire time. 

As a child, I dreamed of achieving this level of communication with a horse, ever since watching that scene where Alec rides The Black tackless across the beach in The Black Stallion. 
It was always just beyond my reach, and while I could have followed one of many natural horsemanship trainers' methods to achieve this prior, it was important to me that I figure it out on my own with a horse that was willing to listen.
I have found that horse. <3

9 comments:

  1. This is awesome. She's such good mare. You've done a great job with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It is so important to get educated but then figure out your own method based on you, the circumstances and the horse! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is awesome!! I think I would die if I attempted that on Gem ;) It has ben really nice watching your progress with her from the mare who gave you a concussion to this relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome! I can ride Pokey without reins but it is a mess. I can only dream of achieving something like this with one of mine someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! I don't think I'm brave enough to try that with my horse <3

    ReplyDelete