"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Thursday, August 30, 2012

And the barefoot adventure begins!...

After spending the last 3 days looking at Lily's feet more than any other part of her body, I went online to grab the bull by the horns. Feeling empowered after reading The Barefoot Horse website from top to bottom (I can do this! I know I can!), I went to Star Ridge Company and ordered my first rasp, gloves, and the book Horse Owner's Guide to Natural Hoof Care by Jamie Jackson. I'm doing it! I'm going to start tackling Lily's hooves myself. With supervision from my farrier, of course (hey-he did offer, after all!), but I want to do it.

Here we go!


Isn't that a GORGEOUS hoof? It's not Lily's. It belongs to a horse from the UK. Photo from the Barefoot Horse Blog. If you're into barefoot, you should totally check out that blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment