"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring? Huh?


I woke up to this this morning:



I had to scrape a good 3" of snow off of my car. THREE INCHES. And as I was taking it off, more was piling on! It's the end of March! Good thing this area supposedly doesn't get a lot of snow...lol.  I think it's funny that we've had more snow in the month that is supposed to be spring, than during the rest of this winter put together.

In 3 days, it will have been exactly 6 months of cold weather for Charles and me. This is the longest either of us has experienced winter. The locals keep saying that it isn't usually this cold for this long in this area; that usually it really starts to drop around December.  It's been cold since the end of October. I think it was better when, being used to living in places where it is the same temperature year-round, I kept involuntarily thinking that this is just how it would be forever and ever. But we had a couple of days in the 50's where we didn't have to wear 5 layers to walk out the door, and now we want those days back!

Parking lot from work

Courtyard at work

On another note, does anyone know what happened to Fugly Horse of the Day? The link doesn't work anymore. I really liked the direction in which the new administrator had taken the blog, but her and the blog seem to have completely disappeared.

2 comments:

  1. I do love it, but I just think there's a time and a place for it, and it's called winter! *lol*

    ReplyDelete