"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Monday, September 23, 2013

Free

From my visit to the barn today.

She gets 3 quarts of Triple Crown Low Starch forage each for breakfast and dinner, but she's been a little picky about her food since we started the 24/7 turnout (I think it's heat cycle-related; she tends to get pickier about her food), so I've been making sure she gets her supplements by taking her out of the field and feeding her. More positive association. She came to me in the field, yesterday and today.

"What are you doing over there?"
I was opening the storage shed door to put her supplements away.

Peeking in.

"Question mark" ears. "What are you doing? I'm not sure about this door here..."


"I will follow you..."


I mean, seriously: how much cuter can she be?

Drinking water.
I hung out with her, scratching her withers. She stayed with me for a bit, then walked off to rejoin her herd.
She gave me one last look over her shoulder before returning to graze.
My favorite part of this weekend? Yesterday while standing with her, she rested her head on my shoulder just cuz while I scratched her neck. Lily is a very touchy-feely mare, especially with horses she loves & trusts who will tolerate it. So you can imagine just how special it felt to have her rest her head on my shoulder. She hadn't done that in a long, long time.



1 comment: