"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WW: Lilybird





Ok, so not really wordless because I wanted to note this: 
Lily had almost 2 weeks off after I put an 18 mile ride on her with Liz on Gracie (there will be a post on that some day). Only had time for working one of them after that, so Gracie got worked with sporadically while Lily had a vacation. (There will also be a post on why I didn't have more time to work with them.) So this was the first time doing anything with Lily in a while. She was so happy when I put the rope halter on her to fetch her from the field. She trotted happily yet quietly next to me as I walked her over to one of the empty back fields for a lunge session. She never does that. She proceeded to work quietly and willingly (like she always does. Who am I kidding: the mare is a fucking rock star 99.99% of the time!) We did trot/canter intervals and she was spot-on with the transitions every time I called for them. "Trot." "Canter." "Trot." "Canter." "Trot." "Whoa." She had a bath and a pedicure afterwards. Took her back down to the mare field and removed her rope halter, and was completely taken by surprise when she turned her head to press it into my chest. 

Uh can you say heart = melting?

She just stayed there. So I gave her a head hug and she closed her eyes.

OMG I LOVE HER!!!



And some Zombie for his fans :)


They were eating from the same bowl. :)


17 comments:

  1. Lily looks awesome!! Doesn't look like the time off hurt her at all. And yes, more stories are good.

    How long do you think it would take to drive a trailer from my place to yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like giving her an extended vacay every once in a while. I swear she puts on muscle when I let her take a break for a while. She's a classic example of a horse that benefits from rest as much as from exercise. Work hard, rest hard! :)

      Its 23 hours and 40 minutes. :D

      Delete
  2. Yes sign me up for the Zombie fan club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... Time off is sometime good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very! It's as important as work for the endurance horse.

      Delete
  4. I have to admit that while I like cats, I'm more of a dog person than a cat person. That said, I adore the Zombie adoption story and his name and his pictures! I think Zombie should photobomb all your posts from now on:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I love seeing WW's. Lily and Zombie look so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks fantastic!! All the muscle!!

    ReplyDelete