"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday Mist

I love fog; it's one of the many things I love about this time of year.

Kathy's front field when I got to the barn this afternoon.
Marefaces grazing.
Both Lily and Gracie got pedicures.
It was chilly and wet; I chose not to ride.
The front field when I was getting ready to leave 2 hours later.
See the difference between this and the first photo?
On the way home.
Of course, this is when I thought, "It really would have been cool to ride with this mist..."
Hopefully we'll get the opportunity again!

8 comments:

  1. Mist is always kind of eerie to me. It's like being in heavy shrubbery. You can't see them coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand your point of view, and it is the norm. When I was a kid, I read this book called "Season of Ponies" by Zilpha Keatley Snyder that was about a girl's adventures with a herd of wild ponies that come out of the mist. I think I was around 12 when I read it...it was that age where you know you're supposed to stop believing in magic because you're almost a teenager, but I refused. That book struck a really strong chord with me, and it left the permanent impression that magic can come out of the mist. I still have the book; it's one of the ones that travelled with me across the Atlantic and all the way up the East Coast!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! Hope you get to ride tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something extra pretty about fog in fall, I think...

    ReplyDelete