"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Monday, February 25, 2013

Is It Spring Yet?

Okay...today on February 25, 2013, I am declaring that I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!!

This is what the big field at the barn looks like in spring! :) Taken from my barn's website. 

I think I've done well, considering we hail from a hot tropical climate and it's my first Northeast winter. Everyone says we tend to average out more snow in February than we did this year, but the same people have also said that winters usually don't get so cold as early as it did this year. So in my opinion, this is totally manageable. It is 28 degrees out right now, 20 with the wind chill. It better really get up to 49 degrees like Accuweather says, cuz I'm wearing one less layer today! I'm not so tired of the cold (I'm still fine with it being in the 40's and 50's) I'm just tired of the layers! And of the mud. Definitely tired of that-this is why I'd rather it snow than rain: it freezes the mud! The only thing I miss from FL (other than my friends down there, of course) are the sandy trails in the parks.

Meanwhile, it is going to be 85 degrees in South Florida today. When it's hot all year round, and you don't even get a small break from it, it makes for some really hot angry people come summer. I predict an upswing of crazies down there this year.

Um, yeah, I'll take the 28 degree weather in February, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment