"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Monday, August 5, 2013

Floaty Trot, Much?

This was Lily yesterday, during the first 4 minute trot set on the lunge. Her best rendition of a floaty trot. She hasn't done this under saddle yet, but it is my favorite version of her trot. She usually only does it when she's really "up" at liberty or on the lunge:

This video should show up horizontal...I did edit it in YouTube.


I wish you could DNA test a horse to find out what breed mix they are, like you can do with dogs. 95% of the time I question her supposed Andalusian half. I see TB for sure, of course. I also see Arab most of the time, too. She has a dished face that I've always wondered about. I've thought Arabian more so than this Spanish horse cross that her original owner said she is. I've also seen QH, especially when she's super-buff-her butt will look like a QH's. But then again, some TB's will look like that too.

What do you see?

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too! She shocked me the first time she did it about a year ago. She looks completely different when she's all floaty with her neck arched and tail flagged. :)

      Delete
  2. Carlos looked like a QH beefcake sometimes and he was all TB. So the QH I'd gloss over lol.

    ReplyDelete