"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Photos

Today was the last full day with my mom, as I'll be working Saturday through Monday, and she leaves Tuesday. I was originally going to ride Lily and lunge Ramsey, just so he could get out of his stall for a third time this week, but ended up only having time for a quick trail ride on Lily. I let BQ know so she could change his routine today if needed. Next week I'll be able to ride him 3-4 times during the week, as the schedule will be easier to work around.

The footing on the trail today was fantastic, despite yesterday's rain. Lily balked at the trailhead initially, but once we got going, she was happy to continue. We followed the Bayou Trail, which had been mowed, creating a nice wide, clear trail where it used to be overgrown. I marched her butt over the little bridge, went through the two creek crossings, looped around the meadow, and then retraced our steps home. We interspersed short trots with short walks to complete our 12 minutes of trotting and 18 minutes of walking. We covered 2 miles in 29 minutes.

Going through the meadow

Ear flicked back when I asked her to "Whoa" so I could take this photo. She was marching right along and I knew it would come out blurry otherwise.

This is my favorite part of the trail, where it follows the creek. It winds through mature forest, with super tall trees towering above. She used to be afraid of the logs. The fact that I could take these photos for the first time tells you how little she cares about those trees now!

You can't really tell, but I was riding one-handed on the buckle. The leather loop under my hand is the bucking strap, which I was NOT holding for this pic.
It started thundering the minute we hit the Bayou Trail, but the rain held during the ride. We made it back just in time. I had just removed Lily's saddle on the cross ties when the skies opened up and it started to POUR!!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you made it back to the barn just in time! Love when that happens.

    ReplyDelete