"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WW: Photos by Kathy

Here are the photos from Sunday. :) We went up and down the hill a total of 6 times; Kathy's lens is a super telephoto: purchased specifically for its ability to photograph moving objects from afar in rapid succession while maintaining a sharp focus. The photos are gorgeous. This was the same lens used for photographing the barn parade.
*And yes, in preparation for the warmer temps we've been having, I did remove more of Lily's hair. She barely broke a sweat on this day.





I seriously need to work on my two-point and lowering my heels! This was me consciously shoving my heels down.
I'm just going to blame the snow boots. Otherwise, I love this photo!

































This was the closest she came to a gallop; it was our before-last set.
Video taken with my cell phone of the last canter set up the hill. On a normal day, we go farther, past the spot where I whoa her in this video (not a huge difference distance-wise; maybe 5-6 more canter strides). But the footing was really slimy under those trees, so we were ending our canter sets before arriving at that point to avoid any possible slipping.
























8 comments:

  1. You look so happy and Lily looks awesome. Heels down is overrated. Or so I've heard. And at least you can do a two-point.

    I wish I had a hill with that type of footing to gallop up, maybe Ashke and I would work through our issues that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! You'll be able to two-point, too, as your core gets stronger and stronger. :) And your trails around your barn are pretty awesome too!

      Delete
  2. Great photos! That saddle/seat cover looks so comfortable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely! Totally jealous of your little hill, too - looks like fun.

    Boots definitely make a difference with heels.. my tall boots have my heels dropping enough that I've shortened my stirrups a hole before, whereas my regular hiking boots/Terrains? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Figure! Totally agree on the tall boots. Hopefully having winter tall boots now will help with the heels down issue.

      Delete