"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Friday, February 28, 2014

Letter to Summer








Dear Summer,

I hope you are thoroughly enjoying your vacation from the North down in the Southern hemisphere of the world. How's Australia? Are you liking Argentina this year? 

Just a quick note to tell you that I really miss you this year and am looking forward to your return. I can't wait for you to come back with your heat, your ability to make us strip down to minimum clothing, the lush green that you bring out in Nature, your muggy humidity, even the bugs that accompany your return. I miss the birds singing in the trees, the burning heat of your light on my skin, the sweat dripping down the back of my neck, the long lazy afternoons with you and the horses, going for runs outside on the trails with you, and even getting so mad at you for being so hot that I start missing winter.

I actually can't wait for your return. I guess it's true what they say: absence makes the heart grow fonder. 

Please come back soon.

Love, 
Saiph







6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm anxiously awaiting the beauty of spring, but I really, really want the heat of summer. Really really really really.

      Delete
  2. Feeling a bit over the cold, eh?

    Tomorrow March roars in like a Lion here . . . Rain and Snow mixed. So ready for better outdoor riding weather. Hopefully, the saddle is here by the end of April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh yes! The tease of 50 degree weather we had last week was just torture. It was 16 degrees with a windchill of -9 when I left work last night. I honestly don't even want to ride today. I'm done with it.

      Delete
  3. I am just hoping our winter doesn't go late!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! We are just starting to get some weather, but I'll hope for early spring for the rest of the county, California can keep raining!

    ReplyDelete