"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Friday, July 5, 2013

Videos!!

All taken today.

IM injection of ace. Only 2 mls. Not the best technique, but I loosen my grip on the syringe when she starts head bobbing because gripping the syringe hard when she does that will only cause more trauma. Oh, and you're supposed to pull back on the plunger before injecting the meds when giving any kind of injection, but good luck doing that with Lily.

This is her being really, really good!



Scratching her neck while she makes faces. What I do to get her to forgive me for stabbing her with a needle. She looks ginormous next to me in this video...I'm 5'4", she's 15.1 hh. Not a big horse at all, and I don't feel tiny next to her.


Maneuvering towards the whip rack. We nailed it today!!



Counted walk! Here it is Liz! She gets distracted by a horse in the stalls at the far end and accelerates halfway, but the beginning and end are really good! The best we've done so far.


A FAB one of her trotting. I was really happy with her in this one. Oh, and yes, I'm aware that I'm on the wrong diagonal for like the first half of the video! When she snorts in the beginning, I lose my diagonal and don't realize until we've changed direction and circled...doh!


Charles filmed the second set too, for which we moved to the outdoor-another boarder was in the indoor with her horse, doing something with the halter, right in the middle of the track. I moved Lily to the outdoor, only to discover the footing was awful-moist, uneven and loose. The video wasn't as good due to the poor footing, and Charles was taking photos at the same time, so each time he took a pic, the image froze for a second. He didn't realize the video would show this. It does. She was also very reluctant to pick up the trot in this set, I'm still not sure why. I have to nag halfway around the arena before she obeys. You have to ask for things politely with Lily. Kicking won't get you anywhere. I was aware that I did 3 minutes - she felt ever so slightly off going up the far long side, and I took her down one more time to confirm whether it was real or I was imagining it. She felt fine the last time, and she looks fine to me in the video. Yay video for Me the Worrywart!



2 comments:

  1. The smile on your face post injection! Love it.

    And per the counted walk, EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it was a smile of relief that she'd been so good, and still turned around to look for her treat despite the injection. :) I hate injecting her and can't show it because it will make her more anxious.

      The counted walk could be even slower, but she nailed the cadence. :D

      Delete