"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tuesday Trim

The weather was yucky today. No precipitation of any sort, but it was overcast, cold and the ground was still frozen or disgustingly muddy, or a combination! The snow is gone. I debated riding in the arena, but the footing was a little more frozen than I would have liked. Honestly didn't really feel like riding so went ahead and got a couple of things done that needed to be done. Lily's legs got washed, toweled dry and clipped. The scratches looks way worse without the hair in the way but it is responding to the vet's recommended treatment - it's starting to dry out. Removing the hair should accelerate healing further. I then trimmed her hooves and applied her anti-fungal ointments before turning her out again.

It had been about 3 weeks since her last trim; I try to do her feet every other week. She stood square right after I was done and proceeded to lick and chew and yawn repeatedly. This made me very happy.

Yawn
Lick and chew

"MORE pictures?? Really??"
More yawnz

3 comments: