"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Friday, June 28, 2013

Back to Running!

Didn't do any strength training this past weekend as I was DONE each day after work. I keep forgetting that I want to leave the phone on Endomondo or Cyclemeter during a Sunday shift just to get a gist of how many miles I walk during a busy day at work. I'm betting on 5 miles.

Tuesday:

Didn't feel like going to the gym alone, so waited until Charles got out of work. We ended up going for a run. Had sent the Asics Gel-Cumulus back to Zappos. After wearing them to work a single time last weekend, they had made my Achilles tendon hurt more than ever. Traded them for Brooks Glycerins. OMG...They felt like running on pillows. I'm keeping them for running and wearing the Ghosts for work.
Wore an ankle brace just in case, and did the Cyclemeter 5K program:

Warm-up 5 minutes
Run 1 minute, walk 1:30 minutes x 8
Cool-down 5 minutes
Did 2.41 miles. Tendon didn't hurt at all, during or after.



Charles ran ahead. The 1 minute sets were piece of cake for both of us, but there was no reason for him to be holding back, so I told him to go ahead.



Wednesday:

Strength training at home, whole body. Boring. Ramped it up for lower body: did weighted squats (20 lb kettlebell), reverse lunges (no weight) and weighted walking lunges with side rotation (20 lb kettlebell). Awesome exercise:



Someday I'll look that fit...

Aengus was being extra-helpful, distracting me with his adorableness while I was trying to stretch afterwards. :)

Thursday:

Worked (other people wanted days off during the week this week and the next, so I switched with them just to not have to work over the damn weekend.) Went to barn afterwards for an hour and a half (only hand-walked and grazed Lily.) Went for a run at home. Wore ankle brace and did the Cyclemeter 5K program again:
5 minute warm-up; 1 min running, 1:30 walking x 8; 5 minute cool down. 
Did 2.34 miles. Tendon didn't hurt during or after.






They're ALIVE, not plastic...
I still do a double take.


Friday:

Apartment complex gym. Did 15 minutes on the elliptical (1 mile), then 25 minutes upper body on the dual pulley machine. Don't know wtf I did on Wednesday, but I had a twinge right at the top of my left sciatic nerve. Minor, and it was better today, but didn't want to aggravate it with lower body work again.
Followed up with 20 minutes on the elliptical (1.6 miles).

Added a playlist to my Pandora on the iPhone. As it turns out, if you add Pitbull as a channel, you'll get all of the awesome dance songs from South FL. Charles and I complained about the radio down there all the time because it seemed all of the stations played the same kind of music 24/7. It got old really fast listening to the radio in the car. However, if you played any of those songs in a club, you'd get to watch me dance my legs off, and I do like that kind of music for working out too. So I got to listen to the likes of Pitbull, Flo Rida, David Guetta, Black Eyed Peas, and LMFAO while working out today.

Not crazy about the official video, so you get to listen to it with lyrics. :P I love this song.
Wild Ones by Flo Rida featuring Sia

Oh, and the walk between the gym and the apartment is a little over a quarter mile (0.27 mile to be exact). I measured the distance with Cyclemeter today. :)

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful where you are!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am insanely in love with Maryland. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the Brooks Glycerins! I won a pair when I did my half and they're supposed to be my "now" running shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE them!! I owned a pair of Asics Gel-Nimbus at one point, and the Glycerins are even better!

      Delete