"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Thursday, June 13, 2013

Today's Run: Post Storm

Today's Photos

Bird feeder :)

Walk break; photo taken on yet another "trail" in the neighborhood.
Note that the hubs finally has REAL running shoes!
Mini Cooper. I LOVE what they did with the stripes - the bright blue stripe on the left matches the rearview mirror on the left, and the black stripe matches the other mirror.
I <3 Minis. I used to own one, but traded it in for the Corolla to lower our monthly car payments. I adored that car. 
Today's Workout:
Went with Charles. Walked 5 minutes to warm-up, jogged 35 minutes, alternating sets of 2-4 minutes running with 2 minutes walking. Per the Endomondo app (YAY IPHONE!!!), we did 2.55 miles in the 35 minutes. That's not including the warm-up walk. We walked home the rest of the way, which made our total mileage 3.18. We added an extra mile by walking to and from the grocery store after our run.
A million years ago, I ran one of the big 10Ks in PR in 1 hour and 5 minutes. SOOO much slower now! :( Boooo! Will work on that. 
On another note, Charles was a gazillion times more comfortable now that he has PROPER running shoes. He was setting the pace during the run sets for the first time ever!

4 comments:

  1. I will be thrilled the day you decide Canada geese are the evil evil dirty dirty birds they truly are. ;-) Yuckyuckyuckyuck. But so yummy in my tummy when smoked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Oh yeah, I believe you! They leave SO much poop in the big field at the barn, it's astounding. But they are SO much nicer than domestic geese-I'm still shocked. And they're still cleaner and prettier than, say, pigeons! :)
      I'll have to try smoked goose. Maybe when I come visit? :D

      Delete
  2. No I like Canada geese, so cute!

    ReplyDelete