"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Friday, June 21, 2013

This Week

Tuesday:

Apartment complex gym
Did 15 minutes of hills on the treadmill at 3.5 mph (forgot to look at the miles I did total. Maybe half a mile?). Then another 15 minutes on the elliptical, where I put in 1.5 miles. Followed that up with 30 minutes of upper body strength training on the dual pulley machine.
Charles ran on the treadmill. He did 4 min run, 2 min walk x 3, then 3 min run, 2 min walk x 3. I was very proud of him. :)
Achilles tendon was slightly on & off sore.


Wednesday:

Started in apartment complex gym. Did 15 minutes on the treadmill, with incline. Put in a whole mile in that 15 minutes. A girl arrived and started working out on the treadmill next to me. If there's one thing I hate more than tiny gyms, it's working out in a tiny gym with a stranger next to me. Yes, I'm a huge weirdo when it comes to that sort of thing. Plus the girl didn't even say hi, which everyone else around here does. I finished my 15 minutes, then left the gym & went out into the neighborhood, where I walked a full 2 miles in 33:49 minutes. That's a 16:42 minute mile walk pace.
Achilles tendon was sore. :(


A band was setting up outside one of the condo buildings.




Thursday:

Apartment complex gym
15 minutes on elliptical to warm up. Did 1.27 miles in those 15 minutes. Followed up with 40 minutes strength training on the dual cable pulley machine, working mostly upper body and core. Did 2 circuits of high reps and low weight (10 lbs for each arm, 20 lbs for back, 30 lbs for core); including 2 sets each of reverse lunges (6 reps each leg, with 60 lbs. Wimp) and squats (20 reps, with 60 lbs.)
Followed up with 15 minutes on elliptical. Did 1.37 miles in 15 minutes.
Achilles tendon didn't hurt at all.
Walked home to cool down.


Friday:

Apartment complex gym
35 minutes on elliptical; did 3.02 miles. Achilles tendon didn't hurt at all-maybe a week of stretching is paying off? Walked home to cool down.

Will add a 3rd strength training session over the weekend with the kettlebells at home.

I find it funny that my entire goal of upper body strength training right now is to get my arms back to the way they looked when I was mucking stalls every day. That was my gym: the barn. I looked a thousand times more fit then than when I had the personal trainer! Owning horses is awesome. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment