"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Friday, June 14, 2013

More

...of the same.

Went to barn, found my mare hanging her head out of the stall door, looking at me expectantly. Maybe she's starting to look forward to this? Sedated Lily with 3 mls of ace, despite the weather being cooler (low 70's...in mid June!! LOVE IT!) and tacked up.

Temperature at 10:00 am this morning, today June 14!!
We had a really fantastic ride. Repeated what we did yesterday (5 min stretch, 5 min forward but in a frame, then 5 min counted walk), but since it was cooler out, I'd say she was 85% awake. No toe dragging at all. Actually, she was awake enough to try to argue with me during the second set of counted walk: she started trying to side step so she could go faster. We had some seconds of brilliance, where her withers came up, and she was even doing the jaw flexion. This was a first! Not even when we did the clinic last year had we been able to achieve that. I tried to get a photo of her shadow in a correct frame, but that was a lost cause. I was able to get these instead:

Slight counterbend, and using the correct muscles. :)

Straight. Correct muscles.

We ended up doing 30 minutes because I wanted to let her do some extra stretching at the end. Then I played with the phone:




I discovered some rain rot on her gaskins while brushing her out afterwards, so she ended up getting another anti-fungal bath. I was really happy with her today; wish I could ride her over the weekend after work. :(

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures. Hopefully you can squeeze a ride in on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope so! It would be nice if it was slow at work for a change.

      Delete