"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Today's Run: Jog

Today's Photos
I just love the way leaves look when the sun shines through them.

Discovered this awesome little path...

...which ended up in a parking lot. Booo!

Today's Workout
Stepped outside in shorts and a tank top, expecting it to be hot again since it was a beautiful sunny day...and discovered it was 68 degrees! It was really nice in the sun - perfect weather for doing active stuff outdoors!
Walk warmup for 5 minutes
Jogged for 30 minutes total, doing sets of 3-4 minutes with 30 to 60 second recoveries
Walk cooldown for 10 minutes
Cleaning crew was tidying up the fitness center, so went home and did kettlebell workout instead. 
Yay kettlebells!
Ordered these babies on Amazon for just $36 total! A 10 lb and a 20 lb one. Was finally able to do the kettlebell workout I'd saved from February's Oxygen magazine.
I used to have dumbells: 8, 15, and 20 lbs, and  a barbell with 2 5lb plates and 2 10lb plates (30 lb total). After all of our Most Important Things went in the trunk of my Corolla and into the U-Box, my weights didn't fit. I could have really made them fit if I'd wanted to, but they were all mismatched, and I figured I could get a nicer full set with a rack to put them on once we were up here. Haven't been able to do that yet, but figured I can start with kettlebells. They are so much easier to hold when you have tiny wimpy hands like I do.


2 comments: