"And, when you want something, the entire Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -The Alchemist, by Paulo Coehlo



Thursday, May 23, 2013

Today's Run

Today's Photo
My playground today. Taken from home base. Drills run from one end of the field to the other. It looks ginormous in this photo, but it's one of the smallest softball fields I've ever seen.
Sorry, the workout was intense, and completely forgot to take more pics!
Today's Workout
Really tired this morning, despite a healthy dinner last night. Took me 2 hours from the moment I woke (9:00 am) up to the moment I actually left the apartment (11:00 am). Headed for the big park, and did my entire workout there. Once in the park, after the 5 minute walk warm-up, felt MUCH better, and put in this hellish session:
5 minute walk warm-up
2 min jog
2 min walk
10 min drills - this was BRUTAL. It was hot, with a cool breeze, and I was alternating 2 sets of drills (legs worked to failure with each drill) with 2 circles walking quickly around the small softball field (this took about 1 minute). Even so, by the time I was done, I felt like I was going to throw up. Hadn't felt like that in a LOOOONG time. 
2 min walk
2 min jog - after those drills, this felt easy as pie!
2 min walk
1 min jog
1 min walk
5 min drills - was going to do another 10 minutes, but at this point my farrier called to let me know she was running an hour early, so I had to cut it short.
2 min walk - on the way home
2 min jog - trying to get home in a hurry!
5 min walk

Drills I do (in case anyone out there is interested):
Grapevines - one of my faves
Running Sideways - kind of like skipping sideways

There are more, but these are the ones I did today and last time I did drills.



No comments:

Post a Comment